Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kataria, Satish" <Sa...@fmr.com> on 2004/08/11 11:50:13 UTC

RE: I have a form spread over several pages. The user fills out each section in progression. I am using a dispatch action and each page calls the same function i.e. processForm. I want struts to validate each submission but I cannot change the input page

Hi,
Instead of having a single function what I would suggest in ur case is a
session scoped action form
And each page having same actionform but different action mapping. Thus
using this you can specify approiate page as the input page.
For code examples refer to struts documentation of using action scopped
action form.
Please revert in case of any problems.

Thanks,
Satish Kataria

each section in progression. I am using a dispatch action and each page
calls the same function i.e. processForm. I want struts to validate each
submission but I cannot change the input page in t

I have a form spread over several pages. The user fills out each section

in progression. I am using a dispatch action and each page calls the
same function i.e. processForm. I want struts to validate each
submission but I cannot change the input page in the action ( I get
configuration frozen thrown). I don't want to send the user back to the
beginning page if they've only made a mistake in the last page so what
am I to do?

thanks

Posted by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com>.
Kataria, Satish wrote:
> Hi,
> Instead of having a single function what I would suggest in ur case is a
> session scoped action form
> And each page having same actionform but different action mapping. Thus
> using this you can specify approiate page as the input page.
> For code examples refer to struts documentation of using action scopped
> action form.
> Please revert in case of any problems.
>
> Thanks,
> Satish Kataria

I am interested in this too, but do not understand the suggestion. Are
you saying that if you have a 10-page input process you should define 10
separate actions? Is there no way to dynamically change the input page
in struts?

thanks