Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/11/29 18:36:28 UTC

DomainWireBuilder

I just checked in
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.DomainWireBuilder. It's just a
place holder at the moment, it doesn't have a proper interface and just
contains some utility methods I've moved out of the domain implementation.
I'm going to drop the methods here used for doing the more comprehensive
reference/service matching that is called for in the domain composite
rather than the rather lightweight version that I'm currently using. I'm
expecting this will mostly be the same as the code inside
CompositeWireBuilder and I don't want to have this code buried inside the
domain implementation. When I've got the complete picture of what is
required here we can decide whether to merge it our just reuse what's
already in the other builders.

Regards

Simon

Re: DomainWireBuilder

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
2007/12/3, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>:
> On Nov 29, 2007 9:24 PM, Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2007/11/29, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>:
> > > I just checked in
> > > org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.DomainWireBuilder. It's
> > just a
> > > place holder at the moment, it doesn't have a proper interface and just
> > > contains some utility methods I've moved out of the domain
> > implementation.
> > > I'm going to drop the methods here used for doing the more comprehensive
> > > reference/service matching that is called for in the domain composite
> > > rather than the rather lightweight version that I'm currently using. I'm
> > > expecting this will mostly be the same as the code inside
> > > CompositeWireBuilder and I don't want to have this code buried inside
> > the
> > > domain implementation. When I've got the complete picture of what is
> > > required here we can decide whether to merge it our just reuse what's
> > > already in the other builders.
> >
> > I'm almost finished dynamic wire on component references using
> > CompositeWireBuilder, and adding some method on it. Let me know how
> > your changes affect this. I need to write only unit test on my
> > changes. With changes I could wire/unwire a reference inside a
> > component.
> > Cheers,
> > Giorgio.

> > Hi Giorgio
>
> Not sure until we get all the code together although it sounds like your
> changes could be a help when the time comes to look at updating a deployed
> composite, for example, in the case where someone updates wires deployed at
> the domain level and hence we have to work out what these changes mean for
> the applications running on nodes and then deploy the changes.
>
> Regards

That's ok. So we'll see. My working code is at
http://kavafis.mine.nu/tuscany-1.1/.
That's my daily backup copy based on svn  594191.
I'm going to update it, when the current is more stable.
Cheers,
Giorgio.

Re: DomainWireBuilder

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.