Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/25 21:22:09 UTC

remaining release-vetting tasks

I have ticked off several of the release-vetting checklist items at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DERBY/TenSixteenChecklist It
would be great if someone else could report on the following outstanding
items:

o Signatures and checksums. I don't think that I should be relied on to
verify these.

o bin scripts on platforms other than Mac OSX. In particular, it would
be good to see reports from Linux and Windows platforms.

Also, it would be good to see test results from Linux and Windows at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DERBY/TenSixteenOnePlatformTesting

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: remaining release-vetting tasks

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rick! I'm hoping to spend some time with the Release Candidate
over the upcoming long weekend.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hey Bryan,

What I do is copy the jars from some release distro into the jars/sane
directory of my development sandbox and then just run regression tests
there. Hope this helps.

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.