Posted to user@struts.apache.org by chuanjiang lo <lo...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 04:17:36 UTC

Iterate over a file list

Hi all,

I have an ArrayList (fileList) that stores the type java.io.File

Im trying to iterate through the list to get the name and size of the file

    <logic:iterate id="file" name="fileList" >
        <bean:write  name="file" property="name" />
    </logic:iterate>

java.io.File provides a method length() that return us the size of the file.

So how i can get the size of the file?
i tried <bean:write  name="file" property="length" /> and the error prompts
that there isnt a getter method for length.

Any ideas?

Re: Iterate over a file list

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Properties must begin with "get" -- which means "length" is not a
property. You will have to use scriptlets, or wrap your File in some
class which can expose a getter for you.