Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 22:19:01 UTC

feedback on cxf config

Hi,

we recently got a new way (more consistent IMO) to configure cxf endpoints
(server side).

a sample is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/examples/webservice-ws-with-resources-config/

the idea is to use META-INF/resources.xml and then:
1) define a Service with a class-name == the endpoint implementation
2) a set of pre defined properties == all the config watever the module is
for the bean
   a) typically cxf.jaxws.* and cxf.jaxrs.*

These properties resolve other service or a list of services.

All instances are "prototype" == created when needed (deploy time only for
the moment, the point here is it is not created once for the whole server
but once by endpoint).

This way we finally get access without much difficulties to cxf properties,
features, interceptors (in/out,fault or not).

The question now (;)): what is your opinion? What don't you like, what do
you like, any enhancement to do?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*
*Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com*

Re: feedback on cxf config

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
reworked it after a small talk with D. Blevins.

here the current config (a bit more general):
https://gist.github.com/8ca9f734f781946f2b8a