Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rocky Raccoon <rr...@bigfoot.com> on 2000/08/03 21:04:39 UTC

Scope

I am not very clear about the Scope parameter in the deployment
description.

I have a simple class
public class Abb
{
        private int i = 0;

        public String hw()
        {
                ++i;
                return "Hello World" + i ;
        }
}

which I deploy as a SOAP service.
Now if I set the Scope as Application, then
the value of the updated i value persists forever.
i.e. even if I undeploy & redeploy even then the value
persists.

The other 3 scopes are not very clear. I tried setting each of
the other 3 scopes, the value never persists (page, request, session).

So, I am not very clear what's the difference between page, request or
session.

Also, if I have the scope as "Application" & I need to create 2 distinct
Abb objects,
is there any way to do it.

i.e.
Assuming I have a Customer SOAP-Service, I need to create & call methods
in 2 different
Customers. Is there a way to it.

Another question -
Are these Scopes Page/Request/Session/Application a SOAP standard or are
they specific to Apache/IBM.

Rocky