Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jignesh Patel <ji...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/20 04:58:19 UTC

HBase GUI

Harsh
Can you elaborate more about following:

"Otherwise, you need to make do with HBase's web UI, and the shell."

I am having Larse George's book in my hand but he has not mention anything
about web based GUI for creating tables. He has some detail about the usage
at page 277.

If I need to create 50 column table or say a column family called patient
registration and then all the related field in the same family. Is there a
faster way to do that.

-Jignesh

Re: HBase GUI

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:58 AM, Jignesh Patel <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having Larse George's book in my hand but he has not mention anything
> about web based GUI for creating tables. He has some detail about the usage
> at page 277.

There is no graphical table creator in UI.

> If I need to create 50 column table or say a column family called patient
> registration and then all the related field in the same family. Is there a
> faster way to do that.

You don't need to precreate columns, just column families.  What do
you mean 'faster'?  Composing the command or hbase making the table?
The latter should be a second or two only.  You want faster than that?

St.Ack