Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Harald Binkle <bi...@jam-software.de> on 2005/09/07 09:49:28 UTC

feature: sequential scanning

I'm missing a feature like  sequential scanning. (first local, if score
still low, use network tests)
If I have a large number of mails a full scan last too long for each
mail.
It would be nice to have the option:

when the local tests already scored a mail as spam, abort all network
test!!!

I know this is not good for the autolearn option. but it is a compromise
between full and only_local tests.

Or is someone already working on a similar feature?

Greetings

Harald Binkle

JAM-Software

Re: feature: sequential scanning

Posted by Fred <te...@i-is.com>.
This change would most likely slow SA down.  Net tests are done as soon as
possible due to the delay in receiving the response back.  I'm guessing
net-tests are done before body rules have started.

There has been a discussion for years towards early exit as you request, in
the past it was found to be slower than the current method and was removed
around 2.2-2.4 series..  Just recently due to internal changes in SA, this
has been brought up again and we're just waiting for someone to code it up
*hint hint*  ;)

Frederic Tarasevicius