Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Rajeshkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/09 12:12:38 UTC

Snowflake Support

Hello

I would like to add snowflake dialect support to sqlparser in calcite. The
objective is to convert Teradata queries to snowflake dialect. Could you
please guide me to achieve this?

Thanks
Rajesh

Re: Snowflake Support

Posted by Hongze Zhang <no...@126.com>.
Rajesh,

I am not very familiar with Snowflake but I think you need to extend
Babel parser[1] to support Teradata Database's syntax first (also don't
forget to specify Calcite JDBC property
"parserFactory=org.apache.calcite.sql.parser.babel.SqlBabelParserImpl#FACTORY"
to make sure the Babel parser is used). If you would like to use Calcite
JDBC adapter (see example[2]) to connect to Snowflake, you should add
Snowflake dialect support for Calcite. Maybe we don't have enough
tutorials so far, but as an example you can have a look at a recent Git
commit[3] about adding a dialect for Spark.

Best,
Hongze

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/tree/master/babel/src/main
[2]