Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Pesochinskiy, Vadim (MSCIBARRA)" <Va...@mscibarra.com> on 2006/07/26 19:22:05 UTC

persistence attribute in XML configuration

Hi!

If I sent messages with persistence enabled while having
persistent="false", will that mean that messages will not be persistent.
Searched the site and the google site search, but could not find
anything on this attribute.

<broker useJmx="true" deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="true"
persistent="true" >

Thanks,

Vadim.

Re: persistence attribute in XML configuration

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/26/06, Pesochinskiy, Vadim (MSCIBARRA)
<Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I sent messages with persistence enabled while having
> persistent="false", will that mean that messages will not be persistent.
> Searched the site and the google site search, but could not find
> anything on this attribute.

Yes. Setting <broker persistent="false"> will basically disable all
persistence in the broker. Its generally not a good idea to do this
but its very useful for unit testing...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-to-unit-test-jms-code.html
--

James