Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/11/27 23:35:59 UTC

Fw: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Xalan-J 2.7.1 is released

FYI

- Brian

----- Forwarded by Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM on 11/27/2007 05:31 PM -----

             Brian
             Minchau/Toronto/I
             BM                                                         To
                                       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org,
             11/27/2007 05:28          xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
                                       [ANNOUNCE] Apache Xalan-J 2.7.1 is
                                       released

I'm pleased to announce that Xalan-j 2.7.1 is now (November 27, 2007)
available.
The previous release was 2.7.0, and became available on August 8, 2005.

The website for the release is at http://xalan.apache.org/ but you can
go to the usual link, http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/downloads.html
and click on the "xalan-j distribution directory".

If you wish to download 2.7.1 please take care to
download files with 2_7_1 in their name.
It may take a few hours for the mirrors sites to update with the newer
2.7.1 files.

This release contains:
1) Support for DOM Level 3 serialization
2) Upgrade to Xerces-J 2.9.0
3) Bug fixes

Details are at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/readme.html

RECOGNITION
===========
Thanks to all the volunteers who contributed to make this release possible.
As before, due to direction given by the Apache board, we've stopped adding
author
tags to our source code so I take this moment to give some recognition.

Thanks go to:

  Brian Minchau
  Christine Li
  Dave Bertoni
  Dmitry Hayes
  Henry Zongaro
  Ilene Seeleman
  Joanne Tong
  John Gentilin
  Kevin Cormier
  Ramesh Mandava
  Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
  Yash Talwar

Of course thanks also go to all those who answered user's and developer's
questions, opened issues, and especially to those that supplied fixes.

For those that I forgot to mention, please accept my apologies.

- Brian