Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alexander Elsholz <al...@widas.de> on 2010/01/20 11:48:13 UTC

JBoss 5, JaaS, Wicket and ThreadLocal

Hi,

im confused;-)

With jboss 5 the security-client interceptor uses the SecurityAssociation
Thread-Local variables to get the principal and credentials and put them into
the rmi-call. the set will perform in login.

hmm, thread local, multi-user-plattform, webcontainer - how should this work?

ok, there is a possibility to use an inheritance-thread-local - but that doesnt
help. the wicket-parent-thread isn't the thread who performs the login.

so how could that work?

now we set the thread-local-variable in overridden newrequest-opertaion of
webapplication. after login we save principal and credentials in session. when a
new wicket request will created (i think wicket creates a new thread per
request) we push the session-variables into the thread-local.

that works now - but has anybody a better idea?

alex