Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dudu <ed...@yahoo.com.br> on 2006/09/05 20:05:56 UTC

Error on compiling a webapp. Strange class is required.

Sorry, I'm starting with maven and I'm migrating my projects. I added all
dependencies but the follow error is ocurring:

D:\workspace\proj\src\main\java\br\com\sag\components\grid\AjaxSortableTableTa
g.java:[7,7]
cannot access javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.JspIdConsumer
file javax\servlet\jsp\tagext\JspIdConsumer.class not found
public class AjaxSortableTableTag extends UIComponentTag {

I've looking for where would be the class JspIdConsumer.class  but without
sucess.
Why in any IDE it compile? Anyone knows where is the error?

And I don't know what dependency is, this is my pom.xml file:

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.faces</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
            <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
            <version>1.4</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.faces</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsf-impl</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>myfaces</groupId>
            <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.1</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>oracle.adf</groupId>
            <artifactId>adf-faces-impl</artifactId>
            <version>10.1.3</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>oracle.adf</groupId>
            <artifactId>adf-faces-api</artifactId>
            <version>10.1.3</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>hibernate</groupId>
            <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
            <version>3.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.4</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>log4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.9</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-configuration</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-configuration</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>myfaces</groupId>
            <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.1</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jstl</groupId>
            <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jspapi</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

Re: Error on compiling a webapp. Strange class is required.

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.
       <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

( It never fails, after I send the email, I find the answer )

-Steve

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sha Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
At least, I know a new tool -- JarsBrowser ^_^
Thanks!

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.

Posted by Sha Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, dudu,

Your IDE can compile it becuase the class you are looking for is within its
classpath. Your maven can't compile it because it's not within his. Thus,
the dependency issue. If you want, you can try searching for the Jar
containing the missing class in the repository, and add it to your
dependency.

Cheers,
Franz