Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/05/06 21:55:42 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/mappers mod_rewrite.c mod_rewrite.h

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 01:49:36PM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>   Why are we calling a Unix specific function in the middle of a module?
>  Since unixd_set_global_mutex_perms() doesn't exist on NetWare,
> mod_rewrite won't compile.  Should this be handled in APR somewhere?

Hmm...good point. What #ifdef protection should I use?

This *should* be handled by APR, but I think that will take a lot more
work and for now SysV Sem is broken whenever we use setuid(). We need to
abstract out some concept of permissions that works across all platforms
and can be used for things like this. In this case, it would be useful
to perscribe to the apr_global_mutex.h interface that we want a lock
that is accessible to the httpd child processes. I have no idea how we
can do this across the different types of authn/authz frameworks on our
various platforms.

-aaron