Posted to users@maven.apache.org by br...@cox.net on 2007/12/26 23:56:42 UTC

Maven-war-plugin targetPath ignored?

I'm currently building a module whose end result is an exploded war.  However, I also want to include some other files to be deployed to the webappDirectory.

For example, I have the plugin declared with:
<webappDirectory>/home/brianjw/webapps/server</webappDirectory>

In that directory I do get WEB-INF/classes/ and WEB-INF/lib/ which is fine, but then I would also like to include some config files that are located in the conf/ directory relative to the pom.xml file.  So I add the resource via the resource tags and give it the targetPath to be placed in the WEB-INF directory that the war file is being exploded to.

However, when I run this I find the files in /home/brianjw/webapps/server instead of /home/brianjw/webapps/server/WEB-INF.  It appears targetPath is being completely ignored by the plugin.

I've looked at the issues list and this was an issue that was fixed, MWAR-54, but like others I'm still finding this issue unresolved and I haven't been able to find a response to it.

Is this still an issue?  Is it being addressed? Should I file a new issue for it since the old issue appears to be closed and ignored?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: How to configure the location of "settings.xml"?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
assuming bash, add this to your .bashrc (substitute mvn absolute path
as needed):

alias mvn="/usr/bin/mvn -s <your file here> $*"

If you are using windows or not using bash you can create a bat file
or a mvn shell script that occurs earlier in your PATH so that it gets
picked up first.

just make sure that the mvn in your file is fully qualified or else
you get a nice infinite loop.

-Andrew

Re: How to take out the profiles out of "settings.xml"?

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
It should be:

<activeProfiles>
<activeProfile>*wei.junit.groupId*</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>

Jeff

--
La mélancolie c'est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com

Re: How to take out the profiles out of "settings.xml"?

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.

  I do as follow:

  in POM.XML
  ==========
[...]

        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMave

---------------------------------

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I replied to your other thread. Please go read the documentation.

Wayne

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
I've been following these threads and I think you're going way outside of what should be needed. You originally wanted to define a group and version as a property, presumably because you want to centrally control it rather than it would actually change it.

The proper way to control the version is via a dependencyManagement section in a parent pom that is centrally controlled (and shared by all your projects). You could also define the properties in a parent pom as well.

You do have the option of defining profiles in the pom.xml (again most likely from a commonly inherited one) or with the profiles.xml, but I don't think this is what you really need.

--Brian

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
Your answer sounds good. But could the "profile.xml" be called? Have you an example?

  ******************
  It sounds like you should probably be using a profiles.xml file in
your project root directory (same dir as pom.xml), rather than
configuring a new location for your settings.xml file etc.

Wayne

On 1/2/08, Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you can use mvn -s < Alternate path for the user settings file >
>
> Erez.
>
> On Jan 2, 2008 5:05 PM, Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  Normally the "settings.xml" is located under /m2_home/conf. Is it
> > possible to move this file anywhere for example /myproject/conf? If
 yes,
> > how?
> >
> >  Regards
> >
> >  Thomas
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen
 Sie´s
> > mit dem  neuen Yahoo! Mail.

---------------------------------
Ihr erstes Baby? Holen Sie sich Tipps von anderen Eltern.

Re: How to configure the location of "settings.xml"?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks for the reply. But I think this way is a little bit complecated since everytime you run mvn you have to type the alternate path.

  **********************
  you can use mvn -s < Alternate path for the user settings file >

Erez.

On Jan 2, 2008 5:05 PM, Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  Normally the "settings.xml" is located under /m2_home/conf. Is it
> possible to move this file anywhere for example /myproject/conf? If
 yes,
> how?
>
>  Regards
>
>  Thomas

Ihre erste Baustelle? Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker.

Re: How to configure the location of "settings.xml"?

Posted by Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com>.