Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by LarryL <pf...@q.com.INVALID> on 2022/01/13 23:54:17 UTC

NB 12.6 Plugin Validation Bug

Re: NetBeans 12.6 IDE
macOS Big Sur

Hi,
It appears 12.6 needs ‘unpack200’ to process C++ plugin install, after selecting NB 8.2 Plugin Portal in Settings.
Any comments/suggestions resolving this Validation bug would be appreciated.
THX!
Newbie

Re: NB 12.6 Plugin Validation Bug

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
pack200 was part of the JDK and has been removed.

JDK 8 and 11 should still have it. So you if you start NB on 11 you
might be able to install. I don't know how well that old c++ plugin
still works though.

regards,
michael