Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2016/04/07 21:36:14 UTC

[vote] should we fix security flaws?

How do people on this project feel about security flaws?

Should we be fixing them?

I can provide evidence of vulnerabilities, I'm not proposing my fixes be adopted.

Vote:

 +1 Yes we should aim to fix security flaws.
0 don't care.
-1 No.

Regards,

Peter.

Sent from my Samsung device.

[DISCUSS] [vote] should we fix security flaws?

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
I am not prepared to vote on this.

First of all, I would need, on a private list where we can go into
details of security issues, to get a feeling for the seriousness of the
flaws in question. A denial of service is, in many contexts, less
serious than file corruption.

We may want to consider investigating the actual and proposed use-cases
for River before deciding this.

Do you feel any of the security flaws in question are release-blockers
for River 3.0? How long would fixing them first delay the release?