Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Daniel Peter <dp...@yahoo.de> on 2007/05/02 17:22:46 UTC

SDO Java RC3: SDOGenerator generated code

Hi all,

I tried to migrate an M2 based project to M3 RC3, and ran into the following problem, regarding the code generated by the SDOGenerator:
The initializeMetaData() method in a generated FactoryImpl class has this piece of code:
  …
  // Obtain other dependent packages
  SdtFactoryImpl theSdtPackageImpl_1 = (SdtFactoryImpl)FactoryBase.getStaticFactory(SdtFactoryImpl.NAMESPACE_URI);
  // Add supertypes to types
  addSuperType(myClassType, mySuperClassType);
  …

But the variable "mySuperClassType" cannot be resolved at this point, it is defined in another package.
After I changed the code as follows, it worked fine:
  addSuperType(myClassType, theSdtPackageImpl_1.getMySuperClass());

Another thing I noticed in the init() method of the FactoryImpl class:
  // Initialize simple dependencies
  SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes(SdtFactory.class);
  …
Is the usage of the SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes(...) method still wanted here?

Thanks, Daniel.

      __________________________________  Kennt man wirklich jeden über 3 Ecken? Die Antworten gibt's bei Yahoo! Clever. www.yahoo.de/clever

Re: SDO Java RC3: SDOGenerator generated code

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Daniel,

I think you may be running into this known issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1143

If you have additional information that you can append to the JIRA that
would be great. Any help fixing it would be even better :-)

Thanks,
Frank.