Posted to repository@apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/12/14 19:15:55 UTC

Fixing bad metadata for old Commons M1 releases

Hi

I had a look at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-443 to try and fix
the meta data, at least for some Commons components. The releases in the
Central repo for both commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient and
commons-lang:commons-lang come from the Apache M1 repo. It seems that
the M1-to-M2 repo translation does not update the metadata properly.
What would be the best way to fix the metadata?

I was thinking about downloading the metadata files from the central
repo. Then modify them locally, so that they contain the correct
versions. Finally adding the fixed up maven-metadata.xml files along
with checksums here [1] and here [2].

[1]http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/
[2]http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-lang/commons-lang/

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Fixing bad metadata for old Commons M1 releases

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
you can do that for the existing subdirs in
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
Any other subdir that you need to add, for old stuff that is still m1,
we would need to add it to the sync

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.