Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2013/07/05 03:32:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation

I'd like to start discussing steps for Curator to graduate. IMO, we are very close.

* All steps on the Incubation Status page (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/curator.html) are complete.
* We've had several successful releases
* We've added a new committer

Before we actually consider graduation, I think we need one more active committer. But, then, maybe not? I'd appreciate everyone's feedback.

-Jordan

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
I think the answer there is a qualified yes. There's enough of an active user base (and those who know the code) that it would continue.

-JZ

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I personally think TLP is the way to go. The two communities should
work closely together though. Cross post announces and attend each
other's meetups, etc...

Patrick

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
TLP or sub project?

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Hi Jordan. Community and diversity are key milestones for graduation
-- a good question to ask yourself: if you weren't driving the project
would it continue on it's own?

Patrick

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Jordan Zimmerman

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.