Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com> on 2013/01/03 15:06:25 UTC

Build latest 5.4 sources for use in a maven project

Hi all, I'm just playing with the latest and greatest tapestry version in a
maven webapp. Since it was not trivial, I thought I'd share the steps to
build the tapestry source code and deploy it to a local maven repo:

1. Download a git client from http://git-scm.com/

2. Bring up a git command prompt and type the following
>  git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/tapestry-5.git

3. Edit build.gradle and add the following to the top section of the
file:build.gradle
apply plugin: 'maven'

4. Add mavenLocal() to the repositories closure. Eg:
allprojects {
   repositories {
      mavenLocal()
   }
}

5. Change into the tapestry-5 directory created in 2. and type the
following:
> ./gradlew install -x test

6. The tapestry jars should be compiled and deployed to your local maven
repo. You can now use the latest tapestry jars in your maven project by
updating the tapestry version in your pom.xml. Currently, this is
"5.4-alpha-2"

Enjoy,
Lance.

Re: Build latest 5.4 sources for use in a maven project

Posted by Serge Eby <sd...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't think steps 3 & 4 are necessary as the maven plugin is already
there.

"gradlew install" will install in your local .m2 repository.

/Serge