Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/18 11:46:17 UTC

[VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

The Tiles 2.0.4 test build has been available since May 16, 2007.

Release notes:

* https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=21811&styleName=Html&projectId=10160&Create=Create

 * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.0.4/

Maven 2 staging repository:

 * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.0.4/m2-staging-repository/

If you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with
a vote on its quality:

  [ ] Leave at test build
  [ ] Alpha
  [ ] Beta
  [ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

P.S. Sorry, I wrote 2.0.3 in the subject in the previous email :-O

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all, I am back again :-)

2007/6/4, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:

> +1 for Beta quality based on Antonio and Greg's opinion.

Wendy, I think it is dangerous to vote with others opinion as a basis.

License and notice files are in place (tiles-core and tiles-jsp jars
> have duplicates).

Duplicates have been resolved, and they will disappear in 2.0.5

The example app works for me in Tomcat 5.5.17.  I
> think the webapp's NOTICE file should include something for JSTL 1.1.

Mmm it seems like a blocking issue, isn't it?
By the way, what is the license for JSTL?

Antonio

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/6/4, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:

> Did someone verify the pgp signature?  I don't have Antonio's key, and
> there is no KEYS file in the usual place,
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tiles/
>
> (See http://www.apache.org/dist/struts, it should look like that one.)

Whoops! I think that we put it too low in the hierarchy:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tiles/v2.0.1/KEYS
http://www.apache.org/dist/tiles/v2.0.3/KEYS

Generally we'd keep KEYS in svn and upload it when it changes.

It is in SVN:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/site/KEYS

Antonio

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
I downloaded it three days ago and was hoping to get to testing this
week.  It now looks like it will be the weekend before I have a chance.
  Sorry for the delay.

David

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/18, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:

>   [ ] Leave at test build
>   [ ] Alpha
>   [X] Beta
>   [ ] General Availability (GA)

Antonio

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.4 Release Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
Finally Tiles 2.0.4 is an official release. It has been declared of
beta quality by all three votes (in alphabetical order).

+1 - Antonio, David, Greg, Wendy
 0 - n/a
-1 - n/a

I will work on getting the website updated and the release published.
I'll take things in this order over the next few days.

1) Move maven artifacts
2) Put KEYS file in correct place
3) Move binaries
4) Update website