Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gennady Shumakher <gs...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/28 07:36:21 UTC

axis2 configuration fine tuning: Local Transport and transportReceiver

Hi,

I am fine tuning axis2 configuration for our use cases which are stateless
web services available over http(s) only. Now I wonder regarding relevance
of Local Transport settings in our scenario. Unfortunately I couldn't fine
the documentation on that topic, but I suppose it is optimized for calls
within the same web application?

Additionally we embed axis2 within our web application. I successfully
tested that in this case the default <transportReceiver name="http"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SimpleHTTPServer">  can be removed so
ports and other parameters are defined by web application connection. But I
wonder how that works if I don't have any explicit configuration for
<transportReceiver>, are there some defaults?

Thanks,
Gennady

Re: axis2 configuration fine tuning: Local Transport and transportReceiver

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 07:36, Gennady Shumakher <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am fine tuning axis2 configuration for our use cases which are stateless
> web services available over http(s) only. Now I wonder regarding relevance
> of Local Transport settings in our scenario. Unfortunately I couldn't fine
> the documentation on that topic, but I suppose it is optimized for calls
> within the same web application?

The local transport is primarily used in unit tests. Not sure if it is
usable in a production environment.

> Additionally we embed axis2 within our web application. I successfully
> tested that in this case the default <transportReceiver name="http"
> class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SimpleHTTPServer">  can be removed so
> ports and other parameters are defined by web application connection. But I
> wonder how that works if I don't have any explicit configuration for
> <transportReceiver>, are there some defaults?

The issue AXIS2-4465 sheds some light on how transport receivers
are/were managed by AxisServlet.

Posted by gshum <gs...@gmail.com>.
I managed to configure axis2.xml with 'hostname' parameter that substitute
server part of EPR.

But I wonder is there a way to configure axis2 to use http 'host' header as
part of generated EPR? Host value should contain the server name as it 's
seen by the service consumer, which, I believe, is exactly what is desired
in the most of scenarios (BTW, that's how axis 1 handled EPR generation).

Thanks,
Gennady