Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 10:21:08 UTC

CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

I uploaded the release candidate to my home directory on
people.apache.org.

There are still all test for windows open in the test plan. All tests
for
linux did pass.

I will finish this tomorrow when I have access to a windows machine.

Thanks,
Jörn

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> !????? CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating-src/CasEditor/caseditor.product
>> Can we add a license header here?
>
> Thats a xml file, so adding a license header is possible, but the file
> is re-written
> without license header after every change with the eclipse product editor.
>
> I will add a license header to fix the RAT report.
>
> When will we make the 05 sandbox tag ?
>
> Jörn
Yes there will be a 05 sandbox tag, by the end of this week.

-- Michael

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> I uploaded the release candidate to my home directory on
> people.apache.org.
>
> There are still all test for windows open in the test plan. All tests for
> linux did pass.
>
> I will finish this tomorrow when I have access to a windows machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Jörn

Some comments about the RAT report for the CasEditor package.

!????? CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating-src/CasEditor/caseditor.product
Can we add a license header here?

!?????
CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating-src/CasEditor/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/caseditor/editor/outline/package.html
Seems to be fixed with the next build.

Other stuff looks OK for me.

-- Michael

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> do you have finished the testing?
>
> Yes, testing is finished and the test plan is updated.
>
> Jörn

Great! Thanks so much.

-- Michael

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> I uploaded the release candidate to my home directory on
> people.apache.org.
>
> There are still all test for windows open in the test plan. All tests for
> linux did pass.
>
> I will finish this tomorrow when I have access to a windows machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Jörn
Hi Joern,

do you have finished the testing? If so please update your test plan. If
not please update at least what you have done already.

Thanks Michael

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> 2) The binary package contains a plugin like org.junit4_4.3.1 do we
>> really need that for the binary shipment?
>
> Thats included in the MANIFEST.MF to make the junit plugin tests work.
> So if I remove it, it will break the junit plugin
> tests, but we can ship without it. So I think its not a big think to
> ship it together with rest even it is not needed.
> If I find a way to do the plugin tests without the junit plugin in the
> manifest we can remove it.

If the plugin is needed, it can stay in the package, no problem. I was
just not sure why we need it in the binary package.

-- Michael

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
> 1) Do you have a build description how to build the CasEditor
> artifact?
>   This is imported and we need to have that before we can ship it.

There is already a build script available which I wrote earlier, but
was never included in the Cas Editor repository.
I will check if I can fix that so we can include it. I will try it
tonight, if this does not work I will write a file with
build instructions.

> 2) The binary package contains a plugin like org.junit4_4.3.1 do we
> really need that for the binary shipment?

Thats included in the MANIFEST.MF to make the junit plugin tests work.
So if I remove it, it will break the junit plugin
tests, but we can ship without it. So I think its not a big think to
ship it together with rest even it is not needed.
If I find a way to do the plugin tests without the junit plugin in the
manifest we can remove it.

> 3) The binary package for windows contains the CasEditor package with
> src, target, docbook directories and some eclipse setting files. Do we
> really need that all? I think the binary package should just contain
> the
> necessary compiled content to run the product.

Thats right I will have a look at it.

Jörn

Re: CasEditor-2.2.2-04 is ready

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> I uploaded the release candidate to my home directory on
> people.apache.org.
>
> There are still all test for windows open in the test plan. All tests for
> linux did pass.
>
> I will finish this tomorrow when I have access to a windows machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Jörn
Some questions regarding the artifact build.

1) Do you have a build description how to build the CasEditor artifact?
   This is imported and we need to have that before we can ship it.

2) The binary package contains a plugin like org.junit4_4.3.1 do we
really need that for the binary shipment?

3) The binary package for windows contains the CasEditor package with
src, target, docbook directories and some eclipse setting files. Do we
really need that all? I think the binary package should just contain the
necessary compiled content to run the product.

What do you think?

-- Michael