Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/21 20:26:07 UTC

Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks as
a committer.

Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]

Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
who we are page on the website as well.

Congratulations and welcome!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek!

Tommaso

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Welcome Areek!

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek :)

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Welcome Areek!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Areek Zillur <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
>
> I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year Computer
> Engineering
> student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to have
> multiple internships
> all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> loved it.
>
> I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> community
> behind Lucene/Solr.
> In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational algorithmic
> trading system and learning
> new programming languages.
>
> I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> community!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Areek Zillur
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Welcome Areek!
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> > as
>> > a committer.
>> >
>> > Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
>> > revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>> >
>> > Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to
>> > the
>> > who we are page on the website as well.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Adrien

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Posted by Han Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and welcome Areek!

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Welcome Areek!
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Areek Zillur <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Robert! I am very pleased to be a committer to Lucene/Solr!
> >
> > I am originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am currently a 4th year
> Computer
> > Engineering
> > student at University of Waterloo in Canada. I was fortunate enough to
> have
> > multiple internships
> > all over North America through the university's co-op program.
> > I was first introduced to Lucene/Solr in one of my work-terms at A9 and
> > loved it.
> >
> > I really enjoy the open-source development and the friendliness of the
> > community
> > behind Lucene/Solr.
> > In my free time, I enjoy working on working on my  recreational
> algorithmic
> > trading system and learning
> > new programming languages.
> >
> > I hope to continue to work on Lucene/Solr and learn a lot more from the
> > community!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Areek Zillur
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Welcome Areek!
> >>
> >> -Yonik
> >> http://heliosearch.com -- making solr shine

> ranks

> including

> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Han Jiang

Team of Search Engine and Web Mining,
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science,
Peking University, China

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek!

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek and good work! :)

Otis

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Welcome Areek!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Posted by Kranti Parisa <kr...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek and thanks for sharing your journey, so far, with Solr!

Thanks,
Kranti K. Parisa
http://www.linkedin.com/in/krantiparisa

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Areek!

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
Awesome; glad to have you Areek!
~ David

Areek Zillur wrote

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Posted by Areek Zillur <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>.
Welcome Areek!

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Congrats and welcome, Areek!

Steve

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/21/2014 12:26 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
> as a committer.
>
> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including
> a revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>
> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Congratulations and Welcome to this ACORN!  (a company of rowdy nuts)

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek!

- Mark

On Jan 21, 2014, 8:05:32 PM, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> wrote: Welcome aboard Areek!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard Areek!

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Areek!

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Christian Moen <cm...@atilika.com>.

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Areek!

On 23 January 2014 01:39, Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> wrote:

> Welcome, Areek!
>
> koji
> --
> http://soleami.com/blog/mahout-and-machine-learning-
> training-course-is-here.html
>

> (14/01/22 4:26), Robert Muir wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Areek Zillur has accepted to join our ranks
>> as
>> a committer.
>>
>> Areek has been improving suggester support in Lucene and Solr, including a
>> revamped Solr component slated for the 4.7 release. [1]
>>
>> Areek, it is tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>>
>> Once your account is setup, you should then be able to add yourself to the
>> who we are page on the website as well.
>>
>> Congratulations and welcome!
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5378

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Welcome Areek Zillur as Lucene/Solr committer!

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Welcome, Areek!

koji