Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Alona Rossen <ar...@opentext.com> on 2010/01/18 18:45:16 UTC

building xerces-3.0.1 on Solaris8 - configure: error: Couldn't find a signed 16 bit int type

Hello,

I was trying to build xerces 3.0.1 on Solaris8 with Sun WorkShop 6
2000/08/30 C++ 5.1 Patch 109490-01.

I receive the following message from configure script:

checking for an appropriate signed 16 bit integer type... configure:
error: Couldn't find a signed 16 bit int type

Please advise.

Thank you,

Alona

RE: building xerces-3.0.1 on Solaris8 - configure: error: Couldn'tfind a signed 16 bit int type

Posted by Alona Rossen <ar...@opentext.com>.
Hi Boris,

I realized this was due to missing C compiler. The message was gone
after I specified C++ compiler instead of C compiler. Specifying C++
compiler instead of C is not a solution to build xerces because
compilation halts later due to undef symbols.

Regards,
Alona

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Alona,