Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 15:41:57 UTC

Re: master trying fetch data from slave using "localhost" hostname :)

I see that when the host name of the node is also on the localhost line in
/etc/hosts

Posted by pa...@gmail.com.

> what does /etc/host look like now?
>
> I hit some problems with ubuntu and localhost last week; the hostname
> was set up in /etc/hosts not just to point to the loopback address, but
> to a different loopback address (127.0.1.1) from the normal value
> (127.0.0.1), so breaking everything.
>
> http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?publicid=121ED68BB21DB8C060FE88607222EB52

"/etc/hosts" now on both machines:

192.168.0.28	master1
192.168.0.199	slave1

Re: master trying fetch data from slave using "localhost" hostname :)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.