Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "taehun.kim" <je...@dreamwiz.com> on 2002/08/29 15:20:52 UTC

I have connector problem while using tomcat 4+apach 1.3

Hi, All!

I'm running Tomcat 4.0 and Apache 1.3 on Solaris8.
I succeed in install and configuration except one thing.
The problem is FILE UPLOAD. My file upload servlet working well
when I run Tomcat as standalone only. I can upload any kind of file.
But If I start apache server and try to upload file via apache, I can't
upload any file except plain text file.(eg. .txt, .html)
other files are just uploaded the part of them. what I mean is that
if I try to upload 500 bytes sized file, only about 50 bytes are uploaded.
(the uploaded size is not fixed)

I think warp connector may cause this problem but not sure and I couldn't
solve this problem. Anybody has some idea, let me know please.

best regards

Taehun

RE: I have connector problem while using tomcat 4+apach 1.3

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.
Taehun,

I had exactly this problem last week.  Tomcat is fine with mod_webapp on
windows 2000 and linux,but _binary_ file uploads fail on Solaris.  It seems
to be a bug in the Solaris version of mod_webapp (I used the one shipped
with Solaris 9).

I'm afraid I didn't fix the problem - I just deployed this particular
application on Linux rather than Solaris.

I'd be interested if you find a solution though.

All the best,

Andy