Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/05/01 01:00:51 UTC

ANNOUNCE - web-connector

A quick note to announce I'll start Thursday a mini-revolution
in proposals/web-connector/

The goals of the revolution are:

- improved ajp13: better configuration,etc
- build improvements
- support all tomcat versions
- single codebase that will be used for all versions ( reduce maintainance
overhead )
- add apr support
- libtool and autoconf support
- improved security and protocol negociation

Regards

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

Re: ANNOUNCE - web-connector

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Scott Sanders wrote:

> Hopefully we might even get back to one that worked as well as JServ's
> connector.
>
> As a goal, could you add back the ability to restart the JVM if necessary?

+1 as a goal.
( it will help if you could also send a patch :-)

Costin

Re: ANNOUNCE - web-connector

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/30/01 4:20 PM, "Scott Sanders" <sa...@totalsync.com> wrote:

> Hopefully we might even get back to one that worked as well as JServ's
> connector.

LOL!

-jon

Re: ANNOUNCE - web-connector

Posted by Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>.
Hopefully we might even get back to one that worked as well as JServ's
connector.

As a goal, could you add back the ability to restart the JVM if necessary?

Scott Sanders

Re: ANNOUNCE - web-connector

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/30/01 4:00 PM, "GOMEZ Henri" <hg...@slib.fr> wrote:

> The goals of the revolution are:
>
> - improved ajp13: better configuration,etc
> - build improvements
> - support all tomcat versions
> - single codebase that will be used for all versions ( reduce maintainance
> overhead )
> - add apr support
> - libtool and autoconf support
> - improved security and protocol negociation

Could you also please add full Servlet API 2.3 support? We don't need
another web connector that only half supports the latest servlet spec.

thanks,

-jon