Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mohan <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/03 10:38:09 UTC

Problems while migrating from ant 1.7.1 to ant 1.8.2

Hi,

I'm new to using ant.  But we already have a process in place which makes
use of ant 1.7.1.

I'm now working on that and migrating it from ant 1.7.1 to ant 1.8.2.

But I get a strange error when I'm using ant 1.8.2 (which doesn't occur with
ant 1.7.1) which is as follows:

jar:file:<install_location>/ant-1.8.2/lib/ant.jar!/org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml:37:
Problem: failed to create task or type componentdef
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Could someone help me how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Mohan.

Re: Problems while migrating from ant 1.7.1 to ant 1.8.2

Posted by Mohan <mo...@gmail.com>.
I'm using Proguard 4.5 jar in the Ant lib path.  I think that the problem is
with including Proguard 4.5 jar.

Could you please suggest the solution for this?

Posted by Mohan <mo...@gmail.com>.
I have not set either of the environment variables ANT_HOME or CLASSPATH.

What could be the reason for this failure?

Posted by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de>.
Mohan schrieb am 03.01.2011 um 01:38 (-0800):

> I'm new to using ant.  But we already have a process in place which
> makes use of ant 1.7.1.
>
> I'm now working on that and migrating it from ant 1.7.1 to ant 1.8.2.
>
> But I get a strange error when I'm using ant 1.8.2 (which doesn't
> occur with ant 1.7.1) which is as follows:
>
> jar:file:<install_location>/ant-1.8.2/lib/ant.jar!/org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml:37:
> Problem: failed to create task or type componentdef
> Cause: The name is undefined.
> Action: Check the spelling.
> Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
> Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Please code up a *minimal* example that reproduces the error and post it
here.

Also, post the contents of the following environment variables:

* ANT_HOME
* CLASSPATH

--
Michael Ludwig