Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Svante Berglund <sv...@hiq.se> on 2001/09/19 08:56:32 UTC

Getting resource in WEB-INF

Hi.

I have a problem when using a InitalContextFactory from Oracle in a jsp-page
on a stand-alone Tomcat. Problem is that the oracle-class tries to get hold
of a resource as:
classLoader.getResource("META-INF/application-client.xml"), which don?t work
unless I create a .jar with this specific META-INF and edit the tomcat.bat
so this .jar is the first one in the classpath. This feels like a dirty
workaround, is there a better way to solve the problem?

thanks in advance.
/Svante

SV: Getting resource in WEB-INF

Posted by Svante Berglund <sv...@hiq.se>.
Hi!
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn?t work out for me. I AM still able to
use the oracle class (when moved from 'tomcat/lib' to
'tomcat/webapps/app/WEB-INF') but that oracle-class is not able to find my
application-client.xml file (located in 'tomcat/webapps/app/META-INF'). I
will search the archive though as you recomeded.

Halsar
Svante

Put the oracle library in WEB-INF/lib instead of tomcat/lib - I assume
thats where it is?  sounds like a similar thing to the way struts works,
Craig explained it when I asked a few weeks ago - you might find the mail
by seraching for struts and classloader and dim (o:

cheers
dim

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.