Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/05/28 16:53:48 UTC

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-commons-sandbox/betwixt/src/java/org/apache/commons/betwixt/digester AddDefaultsRule.java RuleSupport.java XMLIntrospectorHelper.java

From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com>
> >   Right now betwixt is close to being able to round trip Maven's Project
object model; just need configurable extra wrapping elements around
collections for Turbine/Maven style XML documents.

> Cool!!!
>
> James can we call this version of betwixt 0.3 or something like that
> instead of the 1.0-dev name. I would like to cut a little release so
> that I can integrate betwixt into maven with a uniquely identified
> version.

Why don't we do a full 1.0 release? Its about time; the code has been pretty
stable for some time.

Let me do a bit more hacking to ensure a clean round trip from XML ->
bean -> XML -> bean for Maven project beans; then thats a good time to do a
release. I should get the code finished today I hope, then we can test it
out for a few days.

James

[betwixt] release? (WAS: Re: cvs commit:jakarta-commons-sandbox/betwixt/src/java/org/apache/commons/betwixt/digester AddDefaultsRule.java RuleSupport.java XMLIntrospectorHelper.java

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 05:50 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 12:47, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> jason - betwixt is missing a committer if we want to push for promotion
>> into the common proper. fancy volunteering?
>
> Definitely, I will write some docs for the strategies. And I will
> probably nick the plural stemmer in lucene to spruce up the baby plural
> stemmer that was in XO.

cool.

i suppose that the right order should be promotion then release. i don't
know if i think that there's anything particularly wrong with sandbox
components having releases but it'd certainly be neater to have the
release in the commons with all the rest.

- robert

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 12:47, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 03:58 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 10:53, James Strachan wrote:
> >> From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com>
> >> object model; just need configurable extra wrapping elements around
> >> collections for Turbine/Maven style XML documents.

> >> Why don't we do a full 1.0 release? Its about time; the code has been
> >> pretty
> >> stable for some time.
> >>
> >> Let me do a bit more hacking to ensure a clean round trip from XML ->
> >> bean -> XML -> bean for Maven project beans; then thats a good time to
> >> do a
> >> release. I should get the code finished today I hope, then we can test it
> >> out for a few days.
> >
> > Sounds good to me, we should also push betwixt up to the commons proper.
>
> i think that there are some (obscure) bugs in the current round tripping
> code but i'm in favour of cutting a release now. so here's my +1.
>
> jason - betwixt is missing a committer if we want to push for promotion
> into the common proper. fancy volunteering?

Definitely, I will write some docs for the strategies. And I will
probably nick the plural stemmer in lucene to spruce up the baby plural
stemmer that was in XO.

> - robert

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 10:53, James Strachan wrote:
> From: "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com>
> > >   Right now betwixt is close to being able to round trip Maven's Project
> object model; just need configurable extra wrapping elements around
> collections for Turbine/Maven style XML documents.
> > >

> > Cool!!!
> >
> > James can we call this version of betwixt 0.3 or something like that
> > instead of the 1.0-dev name. I would like to cut a little release so
> > that I can integrate betwixt into maven with a uniquely identified
> > version.
>
> Why don't we do a full 1.0 release? Its about time; the code has been pretty
> stable for some time.
>
> Let me do a bit more hacking to ensure a clean round trip from XML ->
> bean -> XML -> bean for Maven project beans; then thats a good time to do a
> release. I should get the code finished today I hope, then we can test it
> out for a few days.

Sounds good to me, we should also push betwixt up to the commons proper.

> James

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org