Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joseph Ottinger <jo...@enigmastation.com> on 2002/12/09 16:49:31 UTC

Hello, all.

Hi. I'm Joseph Ottinger (if you couldn't tell from my .sig, my From:
address, etc.) and I'm the one who wrote "Why are people so down on
Struts?" and its ancillary article. I made a point out of putting my email
address on http://java.enigmastation.com/ (which I had not done before) to
enable direct feedback on articles like that one, because I recognize
that, for one thing, this industry has sacred cows like many others, and
for another, to enable the information to be autocorrecting. (The concept
here is that if someone else with edit capabilities knows better than I,
they can edit -- or if someone without edit rights knows better, they can
email and I can establish the correct information.)

I'd like to offer you a chance to:

* Have a "what's great about struts" if you'd like
* Correct any factual errors, if any remain (one was corrected, certainly,
although I left in the original error to show the correction)
* Discuss the issue and motivations

I do not intend on flaming anyone, although I'm interested in what you
think.