Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Amy Drew <Am...@noaa.gov> on 2002/09/24 22:07:19 UTC

Post vs Get

Environment:

 Java 1.3
 Cocoon 2.0b2
 AIX 4.3

I have a typical web app using actions, XSPs, and XSL all serializing
is to HTML.  I used POST for the method in all forms due to length of
input.  Above environment allowed use of the browser's back and
forward buttons, serving content from cache.  This was fine for
my situation.

However, when I use a snapshot (dated from Sept. 5) for cocoon 2.1-dev,
using the browser's back button, I get the expired message -
reload/repost.
The response.setDateHeaders doesn't seem to do the trick when posting.
If I switch the method to GET, all is fine, but I really need to POST.
I don't
want to use redirects either.  I know I'm starting to sound a bit rigid,
but
any suggestions on how I can use 2.1, yet have the caching w/posts?