Posted to users@camel.apache.org by contactreji <co...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/30 12:26:37 UTC

Camel REST Api - Stream processing while downloading data

Hello guys

I have following route hitting a REST API and downloads an XML file. The
file is quite huge. About 30 mb + with about 5000 + records.

Now, I was wondering if I can start streaming the data. I might have to wait
about 1-3 mins to complete the download. But can i enable processing as soon
as the download starts. I have anyway enabled splitter with streaming=true.

Am sorry if my Q doesn't make any sense but I was just curious! :-)

*
<route>
			<from uri="timer://foo?fixedRate=true&amp;period=3600000" />
			<setHeader headerName="Exchange.HTTP_QUERY">
				<simple trim="true">key=***************</simple>
			</setHeader>
			<setHeader headerName="Exchange.HTTP_METHOD">
				<simple trim="true">GET</simple>
			</setHeader>

uri="http://api.target.com/v2/location?httpClient.soTimeout=3000000&amp;throwExceptionOnFailure=false"
/>
			<log message="Data Downloaded - ${body}" />
			<split streaming="true">
				<tokenize token="Location" xml="true"></tokenize>
				<to uri="seda:WriteToOutDirectory" />
			</split>
		</route>*

-----
Reji Mathews
Sr. Developer - Middleware Integration / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB )
LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a
Twitter - reji_mathews