Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/11 11:11:25 UTC

DataCat Project Progress

Hi All,

We had the mid evaluation of the project last Tuesday and the following
concerns were raised.

   1. The lack of visibility of the overall solution in the project
   demonstration.
   2. The ability to come up with a solution where, scientist who does not
   have a background in computer science can create new parsers (metadata
   extraction logic)

The project was demonstrated using the web interface that we developed. For
the final evaluation we expect to demonstrate the system using laravel PHP
Reference Gateway running in a production server and demonstrate how a new
data product that gets generated will be identified, indexed and will be
available for searching and hope this will handle the first issue.

We also had a meeting with Dr. Dilum our internal supervisor where we
identified things that can be done from now to 15th January, the expected
project completion date

   1. Do a proper performance test and publish a paper before final marks
   for the project is finalized (marks will be finalized by the end of March).
   2. Getting to work more parsers, so that Sudhakar can ask more users to
   use the system. This will help to get more feedback on the system and have
   a real world usage.
   3. Implement the support for provenance aware workflow execution in
   Airavata using our system.

We have written a draft paper which I have attached here with. We showed
this to Dr. Srinath and Dr Dilum and they suggested that we do a proper
performance testing (The one that already done is not up to the expected
standards). Given the available time we need to prioritize our work and
select a set of tasks that is doable and has the most impact. What do you
all think?

Draft Paper:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PLfST6hLygQpsr4RlgiDoffmDEwMOWbmb1WZ0uKTtd8/edit#heading=h.6fjqfavj2nov

Literature Review:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cLF-CLa59oaXRBazF1aURvQTg/view?usp=sharing

Supun

Re: DataCat Project Progress

Posted by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com>.
Earlier we were able to log into the system using private key. But now it
asks for a password. I think our keys have been removed. My public key is
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDH9Lzx8u7Bhi8GIQEBk5a9k6UROa26
OM2QawLSIHqdwwW15C8J493/jmdOsA9MuE4IXR3oVhlhkwJJhvJHap
llasaMGsED7pCltrRgumY8Tp/YKPYnUZCwt7CxzOlDh2dgq7wBn4bgwhC6/FDfYxpOeauhbaY+
rqfo1V8I62pgC8Nmb6iNHKqQBts+QRYrs0FvPwlKqD8fZeYnm8+NVvKi/
R9oDb1uwBGnxymAz1ks0yYtmGn6M5xggQFu+OdfrWOrXpVQh+RzjcGiafrJmHpeAH+
vhX7uxe0bRDqv59iZRCKVDrMN2UDpNH8fBGTLivL2LLNl0IZ08m72hQ5Xum7v
supun.nakandala@gmail.com

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Please take those details off list.

Marlon