Posted to user@commons.apache.org by gr...@kodak.com on 2004/10/04 23:01:31 UTC

[Configuration] [Betwixt] Using both the configuration and bitwixt projects

All,

I'm using the Commons-Configuration Project in order to manage multiple
xml configuration files, using the CompositeConfiguration and
HierarchicalConfiguration classes:

      ConfigurationFactory factory = new ConfigurationFactory();
      URL configURL = getClass().getResource("/config.xml");
      factory.setConfigurationURL(configURL);

      CompositeConfiguration compositeConfiguration =
                            (CompositeConfiguration)
factory.getConfiguration();

      HierarchicalConfiguration config = (HierarchicalConfiguration)
 compositeConfiguration.getConfiguration(0);

My application will use the HierarchicalConfiguration  Api to access some of the contents of the configuration files.  But I
also want to map some of the content of the configuration files to
JavaBean Objects using the Betwixt Project, in particular using the
BeanReader class.

When I use the BeanReader.parse API method I have to pass it a  String or
InputSource, InputStream...  Assuming that I already have a HierarchicalConfiguration object, what should I do to be able to call the BeanReader.parse API
method?

Thanks for your help,
Greg.

Re: [Configuration] [Betwixt] Using both the configuration and bitwixt projects

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net>.
Hi, you can't build an InputSource for betwix from a
HierarchicalConfiguration in its current state. You could do it with an
XMLConfiguration by using the toString() method though.

Emmanuel Bourg