Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Vicky Chawda <vi...@praxify.com> on 2016/09/12 10:49:24 UTC

API for CTakes

Hi,

Is there any API and doccumentation for CTakes?

ViCky

RE: API for CTakes

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Vicky,

The closest to an API that I know of is in the clinical pipeline module:
org.apache.ctakes.clinicalpipeline.ClinicalPipelineFactory
It has static methods that will return descriptors for the two most commonly used clinical pipelines.  You can look at that class to get an idea of the "standard" annotation engines and how they fit together.

When it comes to obtaining information at the end of a pipeline, look in the core module at org.apache.ctakes.core.cc.property.plaintext.PropertyTextWriter.  That class iterates over sentences and prints all identified annotations, their property values and relations.

When it comes to tying things together, you can use the example module, class org.apache.ctakes.examples.pipelines.ExampleAggregatePipeline

We are constantly working on improvements, and I welcome ideas regarding how we could make this better/easier.
Sean