Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/03 14:30:42 UTC

how do you manage your config and schema

Yesterday I realized that we have been carrying forward our configs
since, probably, 4.x days.

I ran a config set action=create (from _default) and saw files i
didn't recognize, and a lot *fewer* things than I've been uploading
for the last few years.

Anyway my new plan is to just use _default and keep params.json,
solrconfig.xml, and schema.xml in git and just use the defaults for
the rest.  (modulo synonyms/etc)

Did everyone move on to managed schema and use some kind of
intermediate format to upload?

I'm just looking for updated best practices and a little survey of usage trends.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: how do you manage your config and schema

Posted by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com>.
Is there a more conservative starting point that is still up to date
than _default?

Posted by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.