Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris <ch...@us-hampton.mail.saic.com> on 2005/05/16 19:09:46 UTC

Applet connection drops in Tomcat

We're running TC 5.0.28, JDK 1.4.2_06, W2K.  We keep getting the
following error, and the users connection is dropped.

SEVERE: Remote Host /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx SocketException: Connection reset
May 12, 2005 8:44:54 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread runIt

At first we thought it was simply because of lack of activity, but that
doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  We've had the connection die right
after logging into the applet.  Our best guess is that the firewall is
closing the connection, as we have a standalone program connecting to
tomcat once a minute.  When the connection is dropped, the standalone
program can't connect either.  Most of what I've seen about the
Connection reset error seems to be in reference to the initial
connection.  Ours seems to happen at random times.  Any info would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Chris