Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT <mf...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/05 19:21:56 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi & pl on apache ?

hi all,
Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/5.0.5-3 mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.7 Server at
127.0.0.1 Port 80
this is my server.
and the docroot is '/var/www/'
i cant run cgi files on apache. [says not found on this server]
[/var/www/cgi-bin/ is the directory where i want to store my cgi & pl files]
added some scriptalias line in apache2.conf file but didnt work :(
do i have to add the scripalias part between spesific lines ? or what should
be written between <Directory> tags comes directly after scripalias ?
do i need to enclose the scriptalias with <IfModule>s ?
help me please.
regards,
bye.

[ps: scripalias comes default in httpd.conf of version 1.3 but theres
nothing in the apache2.conf of version 2.0.55. did the same as described in
1.3 but not worked on apache/2.0.55]

Re: [users@httpd] cgi & pl on apache ?

Posted by Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT <mf...@gmail.com>.
hi Joshua,
thanks for your reply,
already solved this problem.
regards,
bye.

Re: [users@httpd] cgi & pl on apache ?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 1/5/06, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/5.0.5-3 mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.7 Server at
> 127.0.0.1 Port 80
> this is my server.
> and the docroot is '/var/www/'
> i cant run cgi files on apache. [says not found on this server]
> [/var/www/cgi-bin/ is the directory where i want to store my cgi & pl files]
> added some scriptalias line in apache2.conf file but didnt work :(
> do i have to add the scripalias part between spesific lines ? or what should
> be written between <Directory> tags comes directly after scripalias ?
> do i need to enclose the scriptalias with <IfModule>s ?
> help me please.
> regards,
> bye.
>
> [ps: scripalias comes default in httpd.conf of version 1.3 but theres
> nothing in the apache2.conf of version 2.0.55. did the same as described in
> 1.3 but not worked on apache/2.0.55]

Look in the apache error_log to find out where it is trying to find
your cgi script.  It is probably not under the DocumentRoot.  If you
want to run cgi scripts in a directory under the DocumentRoot, you can
use something like
<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
SetHandler cgi-script
Options ExecCGI
</Directory>
You don't need a ScriptAlias in this case.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] cgi & pl on apache ?

Posted by Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT <mf...@gmail.com>.
i didnt install apache2 from its source, instead used apt-get to install it.
and default directory path is '/etc/apache2' [and docroot is /var/www/.
these are the default directories created when i execute apt-get install
apache2]
and under that directory i've httpd.conf and apache2.conf.
httpd.conf contains nothing, but my conf file is apache2.conf.
so there is no apache2 directory under /usr/local.
would you please paste just the scripalias part of your httpd.conf with
<Directory> and <IfModule> tags ?

regards,
bye

Re: [users@httpd] cgi & pl on apache ?

Posted by Software Developer <so...@yahoo.com>.
Apache 2.0.55 uses /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
file
default path of html files is
/usr/local/apache2/httpdocs
and cgi files go to /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin
directory.

wrote:

> hi all,
> Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/5.0.5-3 mod_perl/2.0.1
> Perl/v5.8.7 Server at
> 127.0.0.1 Port 80
> this is my server.
> and the docroot is '/var/www/'
> i cant run cgi files on apache. [says not found on
> this server]
> [/var/www/cgi-bin/ is the directory where i want to
> store my cgi & pl files]
> added some scriptalias line in apache2.conf file but
> didnt work :(
> do i have to add the scripalias part between
> spesific lines ? or what should
> be written between <Directory> tags comes directly
> after scripalias ?
> do i need to enclose the scriptalias with
> <IfModule>s ?
> help me please.
> regards,
> bye.
>
> [ps: scripalias comes default in httpd.conf of
> version 1.3 but theres
> nothing in the apache2.conf of version 2.0.55. did
> the same as described in
> 1.3 but not worked on apache/2.0.55]

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com