Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jon Wilmoth <JW...@starbucks.com> on 2009/07/29 23:04:09 UTC

How to upgrade mailets?

I'd like to know what the process is for upgrading to the new mailet 2.4 api/base 1.0 implementation.  The http://james.apache.org/mailet/api/index.html page only contains a brief blurb about inserting the api jar file in the front of the classpath.  Since there aren't any explicit classpath entries in run.bat/phoenix.sh I'm not sure if there is a specific approach needed.  Is there no way to deploy the jar file to a directory that's picked up by the James Server?  What about upgrading the mailet implementation (via using base 1.0)?  If I update the jars in the lib subdirectory under <install>\work\james-...\SAR-INF will a redeployment overwrite the changes?

Thanks,
Jon