Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Akhil Samnotra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/02 08:41:46 UTC

Issue with the Special characters in Message Queue

Hi,

We are using Apache qpid as broker between Oracle 10 g DB and our
application. The message that is passed onto QPID is in a byte format and
it has both rtf content and the xml content coming from the DB.

The encoding used in the database is ISO-8859-1.

It was observed when some special characters that were there in one of the
XML was passed onto the QPID as a message they got changed with ? or some
other format .

And once this message, stored on the local file system and used by the
application, these special characters were seen as ?.

We want to keep these characters intact.

The characters are:

°

:

{ ( [

± ≠

–

-

The Character as seen inside QPID Message Queue:

?

?

{ ( [

± â‰

Ï€

–

-

The characters seen in the applicatoion:

?

?

{ ( [

± ?

?

?

?

-

 Also, the encoding used in the application is ISO-8859-1.

Hence, can you please let us know how we can keep these characters intact.

Thanks

Akhil Samnotra