Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2005/11/02 21:42:58 UTC

[HttpComponents] SVN top project directory renamed

Folks,

I have renamed the top level project directory in SVN. It can now be
found at this URL

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/

This, unfortunately, rendered all the existing local SVN snapshots
invalid. If you have been following Jakarta HttpClient development (aka
HttpClient 4.0 redesign) you will have to check out the project content
from the new location. I apologize for inconvenience this may have
caused.

Oleg

Re: [HttpComponents] SVN top project directory renamed

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 07:24 +1000, Adrian Sutton wrote:
> Oleg,
> Would the command:
>
> svn switch htp://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/
>
> do the trick?  It's designed to handle the remote repository moving
> without having to recheck out everything.  I could be missing
> something though.

Sounds like it. I have just migrated all my stuff manually, so I am no
longer able to try it out :-(

Thanks for pointing it out

Cheers,

Oleg

Posted by Adrian Sutton <ad...@symphonious.net>.
> Actually, I think you want:
>
> svn switch --relocate http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/
> commons/proper/httpclient http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/
> httpcomponents/
>
> Note also "htp" --> "http".

And that's why I should have my morning coffee *before* sending emails.

> -Eric.

Thanks Eric.

Adrian Sutton.

Re: [HttpComponents] SVN top project directory renamed

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.

Eric Johnson wrote:
> Actually, I think you want:
>
> svn switch --relocate
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/

No, we are relocating HttpClient-4, not HttpClient-3!

For committers this means (httpS), others use http:

svn switch --relocate
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpclient
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents

(Subclipse has a context menu option for this)

Re: [HttpComponents] SVN top project directory renamed

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com>.

Posted by Adrian Sutton <ad...@symphonious.net>.
Oleg,