Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Olivier Heintz <ol...@ofbizextra.org> on 2019/03/22 14:38:05 UTC

POC of HR-Documentation by process

Hello Everyone,

I propose some modifications on HR documentation,
but I want to present the options I have chosen to be able to discuss with the community if they are a consensus or not for these options.

To help the discussion, I have done a part of HR documentation with these option to better explain ;-)
an example is often more clear than a long explanation.

You can see the documentation modified at https://ofbizadoc.ofbizextra.org/html5/user-manual.html
you can easily compare with the current trunk release at https://ofbizadoc.ofbizextra.org/html5/user-manual-std.html
Same for pdf

Option 1: documentation drive by process
=====
Each process is described via a scenario explained like a tutorial, and each time a core object is used, a link is done to its chapter.
It's done for the first process "Organization, Job Position and Definition"
current HR TOC
----------------------
3.2. Human Resources
    3.2.1. About Human Resources
    3.2.2. Human Resources Processes
    3.2.3. Employee Positions
    3.2.4. Employees
    3.2.5. Employments
    3.2.6. Performance Review
    3.2.7. Qualifications
    3.2.8. Recruitment
    3.2.9. Skills
    3.2.10. Resumes
    3.2.11. Training
    3.2.12. Leave
    3.2.13. Security
    3.2.14. Global HR Settings
    3.2.15. Glossary
Proposed HR TOC
------------------------
4. Human Resources
    4.1. About this documentation
    4.2. About Human Resources
    4.3. HR Processes
        4.3.1. Organization, Job Position and Definition
        4.3.2. Recruitment, Candidate Selection and Hiring
        4.3.3. Employee Training and Development
        4.3.4. Performance Management and Employee Evaluation
        4.3.5. Employee Salary and Benefits Administration
    4.4. HR core object
        4.4.1. Employee Positions
        4.4.2. Employees
        4.4.3. Employments
        4.4.4. Performance Review
        4.4.5. Qualifications
        4.4.6. Recruitment
        4.4.7. Skills
        4.4.8. Resumes
        4.4.9. Training
        4.4.10. Leave
        4.4.11. Security
    4.5. Global HR Settings
        4.5.1. Skills Types
    4.6. HR Data model
        4.6.1. Employee Position
        4.6.2. Employment
        4.6.3. Qualification, Skill, Review
        4.6.4. HR App intra-application integration
    4.7. Glossary

option 2: Associated a scenario UI test for each process
=====
I have done one for the first process : "Organization, Job Position and Definition"
with WebDriver-selenium
to check if it works, I run it each days on the demo trunk environment https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org
and you can download the video (with comment) at
https://jenkins.ofbizextra.org/view/Trunk-Sel./job/02_Ofbiz_trunk_wktr1_SeleniumWebDriver_tests/168/artifact/build/test-output/CompanyOrganization-implementation.avi

it's speed on the video but it's easy to slow it by your video reader to have time to read comment or understand which action is done.

option 3: change the level  of <Core Business Application> from 2 (==) to 1 (=)
=====
TOC become
Core Business Applications
    3. Accounting
    4. Human Resources

option 4: add a chapter "About this documentation"
=====
This chapter present the main OFBiz GUI rules with some screenshot

and link between tutorial and video of "Scenario GUI Test"

option 5: add a HR Data model with partial diagram
=====
Each diagram is focus on One (or two) main entity(ies)
Each diagram show only main relationship between entities to better explain the major entity of the diagram

option 6: add a general OFBiz Glossary
=====
For all general concept used by multiples components

Modification 7: Change the Human Resources Generality (the HR starting text)
========
Re-Used Human Resources introduction done in previous documentation proposition (WebHelp).

Modification 8: Remove EmplPosition from HR--Glossary because EmplPosition is a chapter of HR Core Object
========

I proposed to have a two level of discussion :
1) By option, discuss about if it's a good or not idea
2) If there is a consensus about an option that is a good idea, discuss about the implementation ( or content) of this option

After it will be easy to create jira by option or by file ...

How does that all sound to you?
Please let me know your thoughts, feedback, and improvement suggestions

Re: HR-Documentation by process

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@ofbizextra.org>.
Hello Everyone,

I have started the process "Employee Salary and Benefits Administration" and for the beginning of this process
some corrections or enhancement are needed.

I have done the first 3 steps of the process :
    Pay Grade and Salary Step
    PositionType Rate and Grade
    Employment and Salary history

and it's now included in the HR-Documentation POC https://ofbizadoc.ofbizextra.org/html5/user-manual.html
and you can easily compare with the current trunk release at https://ofbizadoc.ofbizextra.org/html5/user-manual-std.html

the current video include the HR modifications proposed

I will start to create (or update existing one) JIRA for each doc modification proposition
and for HR corrections or modifications (around employment)

Olivier