Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 10:24:37 UTC

Excluding a directory with subdirectories in assembly plugin

Hi,

I have an assembly descriptor with the following:

<assembly>
  ..
      <dependencySets>
        <dependencySet>
            <unpack>true</unpack>
            <scope>provided</scope>
            <includes>
                <include>foo:bar:zip</include>
            </includes>
            <unpackOptions>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>webapps/root/**/*.*</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </unpackOptions>
        </dependencySet>
..
</assembly>

The zip file that I want to unpack into the assembly contains a
'webapps/root' directory and this directory has some subdirectories. I don't
want to unpack this directory. With the pattern I have used, none of the
files are there (good), but the subdirectories are still there (not good).

How can I avoid that the subdirectories are still in the assembly?

regards,

Wim

Re: Excluding a directory with subdirectories in assembly plugin

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

<exclude>webapps/root/**</exclude>

is what I needed, I don't mind to have the root dir itself, since I need to
place something else there anyway.

regards,

Wim

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.