Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/08/30 17:50:24 UTC

SDB - community testing RC

At the moment, SDB is available as a snapshot build of the development
system or as an old, non-Apache, build from some time ago.

We'd like to do an Apache release of SDB -- we need your help to do so.

The barrier to a release is testing - there are many more combinations
and external factors for SDB than any other component.  We, the
developers, can't hope to cover all the possibilities.

So over the next month, we are going to run a release cycle for SDB.

We ask SDB users to test the current snapshot build and report success
or failures to this list from running in your own development setups.

This does not mean SDB will be included in the general Jena release - no
decision has been made.

All reports are helpful - database type, database version, OS and
version, java and version, etc because these can all make a difference.
  Even if someone else has reported something apparently the same,
please do send a report - we do keep finding apparently similar setups
that are not similar.

The snapshot repository contains a zip distribution as well as the maven
artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/jena-sdb/

The current version is:

1.3.5-20120829.115815-1.jar

but testing any 1.3.5 dated after this one is fine (Nexus clears up old
builds periodically - don't worry if copies disappear).

There is a tag in svn:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/tags/jena-sdb-1.3.4-RC-1/

Also: if there are any JIRA contributions that have been overlooked, do
prompt us and we'll try to include them.

     Andy

SDB testing report:

SDB Version (date of download, output of "sdbprint --version"):

Database type and version:

OS and version:

JDBC connector:

Java:

Report:

(What worked, what didn't, anything you noticed)