Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/18 17:00:05 UTC

Tomcat at the next ApacheCon

Hi,

We all want to see a Tomcat track at the ApacheConNA2010, don't we?

I have created a wiki page to collect the presentation proposals.
Fell free to add the stuff you would like to present at the ApacheCon.
The tomcat PMC will review it and then propose it to the planners of
conference.

Note we have until the Sunday, March 21st to collect that information.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: Tomcat at the next ApacheCon

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 03/18/2010 05:33 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 03/18/2010 05:19 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm always amazed with the fact that each conference
>>> planner need your proposals by yesterday.
>>
>> Well they were asking that the 16th, but anyone that already presented
>> something somewhere has a short bio available somewhere and probably a
>> abstract of a topic to present ready too.
>>

> Like Bill said it is more important that we define the
> areas we wish to concentrate on.
>
> IMHO this year major area should be Tomcat 7.
> It should be a whole day event, and I'm sure there
> is enough topics to fill that in.
> Also we should reserve at least one slot to
> some non-tomcat-developer use case.
> Eg. How the Tomcat saved my company ...

I have added a "Summary of the whole Tomcat track:" which we should
finished before the 21th of March.
Just add your ideas in it.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 03/18/2010 05:19 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

>> I'm always amazed with the fact that each conference
>> planner need your proposals by yesterday.
>
> Well they were asking that the 16th, but anyone that already presented
> something somewhere has a short bio available somewhere and probably a
> abstract of a topic to present ready too.

Like Bill said it is more important that we define the
areas we wish to concentrate on.

IMHO this year major area should be Tomcat 7.
It should be a whole day event, and I'm sure there
is enough topics to fill that in.
Also we should reserve at least one slot to
some non-tomcat-developer use case.
Eg. How the Tomcat saved my company ...

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tomcat at the next ApacheCon

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
> On 3/18/2010 11:00 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>
>> Note we have until the Sunday, March 21st to collect that information.
>
> Note, the schedule need not be *complete* by 3/21; all that was asked for
> this week is a short description of the track, e.g. the marketing pitch,
> and the duration of the program.  Everyone here knows Tomcat can trivially
> present a day of 6 sessions of very relevant, recent and topical content.

Now, *that* makes sense.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tomcat at the next ApacheCon

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 18/03/2010 17:00, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We all want to see a Tomcat track at the ApacheConNA2010, don't we?
>
> I have created a wiki page to collect the presentation proposals.
> Fell free to add the stuff you would like to present at the ApacheCon.
> The tomcat PMC will review it and then propose it to the planners of
> conference.
>
> Note we have until the Sunday, March 21st to collect that information.

The wiki page is here:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions

Feel free to add your own ideas or to provide feedback on existing ones.
You don't have to be willing to present a topic to suggest it. If there
is a burning issue that you'd love to hear more about, let us know.

Mark