Posted to user@oodt.apache.org by Thomas Bennett <lm...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/03 16:01:06 UTC

workflow manager problem

Hi,

I'm trying to get a workflow manager up and running, but I'm getting some
strange behavior. I'm using trunk (i.e. 0.4)

Via the workflow manager I run:
--operation --sendEvent --eventName test
I get the following response:
Sending event 'test'... SUCCESS

Then if I try to run:
--operation --getFirstPage

I get a whole bunch of exceptions (they are pretty much the same). It seems
to have issues with date/time string.

java.text.ParseException: An exception occurred because the input date/time
string was null or under 24 characters in length.
at org.apache.oodt.commons.util.DateConvert.isoParse(DateConvert.java:166)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.WorkflowInstance.setCurrentTaskEndDateTimeIsoStr(WorkflowInstance.java:315)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.util.XmlRpcStructFactory.getWorkflowInstanceFromXmlRpc(XmlRpcStructFactory.java:152)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.util.XmlRpcStructFactory.getWorkflowInstancesFromXmlRpc(XmlRpcStructFactory.java:185)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.util.XmlRpcStructFactory.getWorkflowInstancePageFromXmlRpc(XmlRpcStructFactory.java:92)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.system.XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.getFirstPage(XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.java:131)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.cli.action.GetFirstPageCliAction.execute(GetFirstPageCliAction.java:47)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.cli.CmdLineUtility.execute(CmdLineUtility.java:331)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.cli.CmdLineUtility.run(CmdLineUtility.java:187)
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.system.XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.main(XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.java:678)
Page: [num=1,pageSize=20,totalPages=1]
Instance: [id=d1ec4137-9527-11e1-8f60-8b6b7ce46f58, status=QUEUED,
currentTask=urn:oodt:HelloWorld, workflow=testWorkflow,
wallClockTime=1.4877, currentTaskWallClockTime=0.0]
Instance: [id=fc2575a0-9524-11e1-b394-ef09076ff7c1, status=QUEUED,
currentTask=urn:oodt:HelloWorld, workflow=testWorkflow,
wallClockTime=21.78305, currentTaskWallClockTime=0.0]

Note, it looks like my tasks are all QUEUED and not run.

These issues are probably related... any pointers welcome :)

Thanks,
Tom

Re: workflow manager problem

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Tom,

Technically if you wanted to play with a working version of wengine-style features
(minus the *engine*, but say including the workflow policy capabilities), you could
check out OODT-70 and roll to the completed revision at the end of that JIRA.

Comments on that, tests, are welcome. At some point if I can't get my full act
together on OODT-310, we could push off 310, mark OODT-215 as done, excluding it,
and then roll back the engine stuff to the version that includes OODT-70 and most of
the e.g., global workflow conditions, dynamic workflows and other stuff (pre OODT-310
madness).

That's an option on the table for sure.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: workflow manager problem

Posted by Sheryl John <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

We use the version after Ricky's fix in OODT -361.

HTH!

-Sheryl

Re: workflow manager problem

Posted by Sheryl John <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

> [...]

>>> currentTask=urn:oodt:HelloWorld, workflow=testWorkflow,
>>> wallClockTime=21.78305, currentTaskWallClockTime=0.0]
>>>

>>>  Note, it looks like my tasks are all QUEUED and not run.
>>>
>>>  These issues are probably related... any pointers welcome :)
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>> Tom
>>>

>>  --
>> -Sheryl
>>

>  --
> -Sheryl

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
> confidential
> or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
> or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please
> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original

-Sheryl

Re: workflow manager problem

Posted by Thomas Bennett <lm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Bennett <lm...@gmail.com>.