Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2013/08/23 18:57:21 UTC

Re: Connecting paragraph styles with numbering (list) styles

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:33:03 -0400
Janis Langins <j....@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I am trying to construct an outline with nested headings for
> lectures.  Following the online manual (ch. 7, p. 259) for Open
> Office, I can create both Paragraph styles and Numbering styles but I
> cannot seem to combine them.  Could I get some sources of information please?
> Second problem:  I would like to transfer my new styles (if they
> work) to a document consisting of bits and pieces of previous
> documents with different styles and configure them to the new style
> with consistent renumbering.  There is no information in the manual on this.
> Microsoft word seems to have a renumber feature on their Outline mode
> that renumbers a collections of cut and pasted documents to make the
> heading in the new document sequential and consistent.  Open Office
> does not seem to have this.  True?  False?
> Any reference to solutions would be appreciated.
> Janis Langins

I don't do paragraph numbering so am not much help. However this tutorial might get be of help
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=58558

I have a vague memory that there is (was?) an extension that applied a new template to an existing document, but cannot find it in the extensions repository. If I do, I'll post back.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Connecting paragraph styles with numbering (list) styles

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:57:21 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:33:03 -0400
> Janis Langins <j....@utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to construct an outline with nested headings for
> > lectures.  Following the online manual (ch. 7, p. 259) for Open
> > Office, I can create both Paragraph styles and Numbering styles but I
> > cannot seem to combine them.  Could I get some sources of information please?
> > Second problem:  I would like to transfer my new styles (if they
> > work) to a document consisting of bits and pieces of previous
> > documents with different styles and configure them to the new style
> > with consistent renumbering.  There is no information in the manual on this.
> > Microsoft word seems to have a renumber feature on their Outline mode
> > that renumbers a collections of cut and pasted documents to make the
> > heading in the new document sequential and consistent.  Open Office
> > does not seem to have this.  True?  False?
> > Any reference to solutions would be appreciated.
> > Janis Langins

> I don't do paragraph numbering so am not much help. However this tutorial might get be of help
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=58558
>
> I have a vague memory that there is (was?) an extension that applied a new template to an existing document, but cannot find it in the extensions repository. If I do, I'll post back.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

I've located the Templat Changer extension. It is at
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/template-changer

Whether it works on AOO 4.0, and how it is used, I cannot say

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>